Friday, February 5, 2010

911 - I have an emergency

MARK 7-9

"Jesus called the crowd together again and said, 'Listen now, all of you- take this to heart. It's not what you swallow that pollutes your life;it's what you vomit-that's the real pollution."

"He went on: "it's not what comes out of a person that pollutes: obscenities, lusts, thefts, murders, adulteries, greed, depravity, deceptive dealings, carousing, mean looks, slander, arrogance, foolishness - all these are vomit from the herat. There is the source of your pollution."

OH SNAP, MARK 8

So I never realized that Jesus mutlipied food for thousands of people twice, I mean everyone knows about the fishes and loaves story, how Jesus fed 5,000 people, but does everyone know he did it again for 4,000 people? And the discples still said to him "what do you expect us to do about it? Buy food out here in the desert?". Like come on guys! You have seen him do this before! But hey, are we any better? We know all the miracles God has done, and yet, we still doubt he will get us breakfast for 4 sometimes, much less 4,000.

Ahhh... and then again, the discples are on the boat, starting stuff with each other because no one remembered to bring bread, and rather than be like Hey, Jesus, um, yeah we really, totally, forgot food, can you help us out? Rather than that, they choose to argue and point fingers, they want someone to blame for their growling stomachs. And we do that,
we see God helping other people, and rather than ask for that same help, we choose to argue and point fingers, we want someone to blame for our problems.

Mark 8:33-37
" For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Song: Lose my soul by Toby Mac feat Kirk Franklin

Mark 9:23
"Jesus said, 'If? There are no 'ifs' among believers. Anything can happen"

This verse is so powerful to me. I can hear God telling me this over and over again in life, and I think the reason I have been successful in a lot of ways in life, is that I cling to this. I cling to the truth that with God all things are possible.

"If your hand or your foot gets in God's way, chop it off and throw it away. You're better off maimed or lame and alive than the proud owner of two hands and two feet, godless in a furnace of eternal fire."

Well. That's, um, pretty straight forward. Just to clarify, I don't think Jesus was talking about a literal hand or foot, but I am sure it wouldn't change the meaning much if he was. Basically if there is something in my life, like my movies, and all the time I am watching movies and buying movies and thinking about movies, and it is distracting me from God, I should get rid of my movies, because what good are my movies when I am dead?


PSALM 20

"God answer you on the day you crash..."

What a blessing. "May God answer you on the day you crash...". That would be my prayer for all of my friends and family, for everyone in this world. That when you finally hit that wall, when you finally wake up, and realize if you don't call 911, you will die, may you see that 911 has already been dialed for you, a long time ago. That God planned for this crash, that God is ready to take you away from it, to heal you, to get you back on your feet.






No comments:

Post a Comment