Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 20

Genesis 47-50

((more on the story of Joseph))

"...Joseph continued to live in Egypt with his Fathers family..."

Question: Choose a key element in Josephs story. What makes it key?
The power of choice. Joseph chose to first of all forgive his brothers, and accept his situation. He chose to follow and trust God, and he chose to do his best. I am sure Joseph sometimes struggled with his decisions, just as any of us do, but, he always ended up making the right choice. He could have chose to hate his brothers, to run away from his position as a slave, he could have chose revenge rather than forgiveness, bitterness rather than acceptance. We can learn so much from Joseph, but I would say on of the main lessons, is that we do have power over the out come of our lives. We can choose to be angry, and resentful. Or we can choose to make the best out of our situations. If we trust God, he can turn the worst of situations into outcomes we never dreamed were possible. What choices will I make today that could change my life?

Psalm 18:1-24

"I love you, God - you make me strong. God is bedrock under my feet, the castle in which I live, my rescuing knight."

this almost reminds me of the cascada song...

''Your arms are my castle, your heart is my sky.
They wipe away tears that I cry.
The good and the bad times, we've been through them all.
You make me rise when I fall.''
...

How often do we take the time to write a song, a poem, a letter, to God? He's written us a whole book on his love for us, can we take the time to write him one back?

for God, thank you:

heart beating
breathe moving
mind thinking
all because of the life you gave to me
sin cleansed
destination planned
purpose bestowed
all because of the love you gave to me

Love, me.




No comments:

Post a Comment