Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 11

Day 11

Genesis 24-26

“After the servant told Isaac the whole story of the trip, Isaac took Rebekah into the tent of his mother Sarah. He married Rebekah and she became his wife and he loved her. So Isaac found comfort after his mother’s death.”

It is really cool of God to have brought Isaac someone to be with him as he was grieving. I can’t imagine losing my mother, much less losing her and not having someone to go through it with. It was a definite display of God’s love.

Are your prayers different or similar to the ones in this passage? : Similar. I also pray that I will find a husband, well, the husband that God wants me to marry. I pray about my family. I pray about where I should live, and what I should do with my life. Times may have changed since the Bible was written, but the things we need help with in life havent.


Psalm 10

“The hapless fool is kicked to the ground, the unlucky victim is brutally axed. He thinks God has dumped him, he’s sure that God is indifferent to his plight. Time to get up, God - get moving. The luckless think they’re Godforsaken. ....I dare to believe that the luckless will get lucky someday in you. You won’t let them down: orphans won’t be orphans forever.”

Where do you see your life in this Psalm? : Sometimes I get frustrated with God, when bad things are happening to people, when I know those who are struggling with the love, with the existence of God. And I think God, please show them a sign, show them something, help them! And God can show as many signs as he wants, but there is still free will, and the choice to accept God and his love is one we make. He is here with us, he has always been here, whether or not we choose to see him in the mess of the world is a decision we make. I choose God, any day, everyday, all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment