Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day Three

Day 3

Genesis 6-7

“But Noah was different, God liked what he saw in Noah.”


I want God to look down at His earth, His people, and say, Audrey is different, I like what I see in Audrey. I want to have faith like Noah, I want to have the character of Noah. Noah wasn’t perfect, but beneath his imperfections was a perfectly formed obedience to God.

Describe Gods character in this passage: God’s character ir one of faithfulness, Noah was faithful to Him, and God was faithful back. It also shows reliability, Noah could count on God to get him through the flood. His character was also depicted as just. The flood was a consequence for what we had let the world become. It wasn’t a surprise though, God wanted everyone to be saved, Noah tried to warn everyone.

Psalms 3

“Real help comes from God.”

What is fake help? Self-help books? TV shows? Things that get me a temporary fix? Things that push pause on the problem, but don’t stop it? I want real help with my problems. I want God’s help.

What difference does it make whether God is truly the God you find here: It makes all the difference. Does here mean, here in the Bible, or here on earth? I know there is one God. The God of the Bible, the God of the universe, God the father of Jesus, and God the Holy Spirit. All one God. How weird would it be to have more than one God, can we have more than one President? Who would make the final decision? No, one God rules over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment