Monday, November 9, 2009

Day One

Today I started something new. I bought a book that takes me through reading the Bible in a year. Since coming to England I have tried to start making it through the whole Bible. I have read Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, and part of Numbers. But it was painful. lol. Those first books are lots of details that are easy to get bored with. So I needed some new motivation. In this blog I will hold myself accountable to doing this everyday. And maybe it will inspire you!

Todays reading was Genesis 1-2, and Psalm 1.

The questions were this:

Question one: What feelings does the rhythm of creation evoke in you?

Creation makes me feel important. It makes me feel like I am part of something bigger than I even realize. It's like reading a fairytale...first there is this heavy, deep, quiet darkness and then POW it has this glowing, sparkling, flaming light! Something so beautiful and so enormous that it lit up the whole earth! And there is this voice, loud, and strong, telling the sky where to go. and so on and so forth until the very first people are given the breathe of life from the God who created them in order to be their friend, in order to love them.

Question two: Do you believe everything you just read?

Yes. With my entire heart and soul. I believe it because I can feel the truth in it. I believe it because there is scientific evidence for it. I believe it because it's too beautiful, too compelling, too real, to not believe it. I believe it because I would rather know that I am a part of something that was intentional, then try and prove I am part of an accident. I choose to put my faith in a story of love rather than a theory of evolution, a theory of "oops".


End, Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment