Monday, November 16, 2009

Day Six

Day 6

Genesis 12-14

“Leave your country, your family, and your father’s home for a land that I will show you”

This passage was relatable for me, because this is what I have done. This year I have left my country, my family, and my home, for a land God has shown me. I know how blessed God made Abraham and it’s encouraging because sometimes I lose focus of the blessing I am getting by being here.

Question: Give a voice to Sarai in this story. What might she be feeling, doing, and saying?

She must have loved Abraham to do all this moving around. I am sure she was feeling like she had to do whatever God told Abraham to do. If she had a strong faith, then it wouldn’t have been too hard for her, however, if she was struggling with God, I am sure it would have been frustrating always having to up and move your whole family.

Psalm 6

“Break in, God and break up this fight;
if you love me at all, get me out of here.
I’m no good to you dead, am I?
I can’t sing in your choir if I’m buried in some tomb!”

I’ve said words like these to God. I’ve lashed out and cried out. I’ve felt like he’s forgotten about me. Felt like he’s leaving me to die on my own. Sometimes we feel like we should have such a high respect for God that we hide our "bad" feelings from Him, in my opinion, that is disrespect. To assume that he’s “too good” or “too mighty” to hear how we really feel. If you’re mad at God tell Him! He already knows anyway.

I love Psalm 6. It’s not very long but goes from feeling completely deserted to completely protected. It’s a story. The story of David’s life, the story of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment